|This is what the kitchen looked like when we moved in.|
|Notice the small counter near the range.|
|Here is a close up of the cabinets and the water...steam in this case...damage.|
I found The Lettered Cottage, Tudor Style Before & After online and decided that is what I wanted to do. If you read how they did it, they used nice cabinet quality ply-wood, we opted for thin hardwood boards as it would be easier even though it is more expensive that ripping ply-wood. After stripping all the paint off, I sanded it down and used Kilz primer/sealer on them before painting them. We have a long way to go yet, the bottom cabinets are all painted, the drawers have all their 'pulls' but the cabinets are still waiting for their knobs. We have all of the top cabinets to do still but, as it is gardening season now...it will have to wait a bit.
|For the drawers I striped all the paint layers off, sanded them really well and put a coat of primer on them before painting...this is the bathroom drawer I am working on here...|
|Carl had a great time taking all the added 'wood' off...apparently...the cabinets used to be green. I am in the process of stripping the door that is missing...it's on the counter...right ...there...|
|This is how far we are on this project, it will be many more months until it is finished as we need to get moving on the garden.|
|Here is the cabinet top Carl made, it is a small area that doesn't have a lot of direct use, so we just used pine, the rest of the counters will possibly be copper...we shall see. I have been sealing this counter weekly with Linseed oil.|