Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Surrounded by Beauty!

I have a tendency to forget that life is more than being, it is also about doing.  Sure, I do lots of things during a day...most of them tedious, washing clothes, cleaning, making meals and such...I really enjoy reading and learning and peeling paint off bathroom counters! (a future post, maybe?)  That is just normal stuff for me.  The doing I am talking about is the doing I don't do...do you follow?  It's getting outside, in public...I don't do that too well.  This week, my goal is to get outside, at least once a day, for more than 30 minutes.  It's warming up, I can do that whether it is in the yard or not, I must get outside.  This is what I am missing hiding out in the bathroom all day...


Yesterday was beautiful and what was I doing all day?  I wasn't outside...not until my husband came home and booted Abigail and I out for a walk.  It was glorious to be outside and I wanted more...so, we went down to the river...the 'Mighty Columbia'...to take a peak at the VERY low water...there is a dam issue downstream...should I rephrase that?  SOooo....they let the water out.  Last year about this time it was flooding, this year...it looks like the tide is out!  Even though the water should be there...if there were no dams it would look very different...maybe something like this...who knows. 

 
I may not get many more pictures like this...



Or this...


 They are going to be on their own before I know it...I need to make the most of what I have left before they start out on their own journey...

alone.


~Blessings to you!


No comments: