It has been several years since I have looked forward to the new year starting, all the fireworks and the countdown just has no excitement to me. I see the new year as the beginning of wondering 'what will happen this year'.
As this year ends and the new one begins I want to just touch on some things that did happen during 2009.
January brought a new president for us in America, one who, by all accounts, should not even be president as there is still the underlying wonder if he was even born an American and absolutely no desire to make the people happy by providing real proof, only a cover-up that involves much deceit and treachery , let alone his obvious lack of experience. As time passed this year he has certainly showed his true colors as he has let people call him the messiah, has acted in a most humiliating way towards world leaders, and seems to have little time for anyone who does not see things his way, including the American people who have all but been shunned as non-people. It amazes me, yet I am not surprised by how many still think he is so wonderful.
Due to 'global warming' we have also experienced a great amount of snowfall and low temperatures. January 1st, 2009 came in with snow, then it snowed again on the 4th and the 27th. February brought more snow for us on the 10th and the 26th, then March with snow falling on the 7th, 9th and 15th...it even snowed here on April 1st! Not to mention the previous deluge of snow in December of 2008! It was a crazy year of snow here in the Pacific Northwest. All across our country and Canada we had record snowfall December 2009 brought a great amount of snow across the country and here we have been experiencing below freezing temperatures for day on end, to the extent that even the salt water is getting a layer of ice on it.
This year on the 30th of July (which is the 9th of Av, Tisha B'av) a group of Israelites began building the altar for the temple they hope to build soon:
"The Temple Institute began work on the sacrificial altar Thursday, Tisha B’av, the day the Second Temple was destroyed almost 2,000 years ago.
The Temple Institute has already built several of the Temple vessels such as the Ark and the menorah, and has now embarked on an ambitious project to build the altar, which will ultimately measure 3 meters wide by 3 meters long and 2 meters tall.
During Thursday’s ceremony, which took place in Mitzpe Yericho just east of Jerusalem, the Temple Institute laid the cornerstone for the altar and demonstrated how tar will be used to cement the stones together. The Institute plans on bringing the altar to its proper place on the Temple Mount when the Temple is rebuilt.
“Today, Tisha B’av, is not just a time to mourn the destruction of the Temple,” said Rabbi Yisrael Ariel, the head of the Temple Institute. “It is also a time to build.”" (taken from Arutz Sheva Israel National News)
The significance of this is HUGE and yet few really know of it taking place. Mitzpe Yericho is a religious communal Israeli settlement near the site of Jericho. They are training priests for temple duties there as well.
Major deaths for the year were Michael Jackson, Ed McMahon, Billy Mayes and Farrah Fawsett all considered 'kings' and a 'queen' in their field of entertainment and all dying within a few days from each other during a time when the House was voting on the Cap and Trade bill, which passed through the House and Iran was in the middle of voting fraud. Quite a distraction to be sure. There were over 140 celebrities who died in 2009, including Patrick Swayze, David Caradine and Ted Kennedy. Oral Roberts also died this year.
As mentioned above we had the 'Cap and Trade bill during the summer of 2009, we have had several other bills that are trying to be passed through Congress as well as the Bail-outs/Stimulus/Cash for Clunkers thing....lets see...spend and create more money to get out of debt and destroy perfectly good cars, makes sense right?
Here is a list of some other important to remember things that took place during 2009 in no particular order:
1. Austrailia experiences major brush fires and a sand storm that turns the sky red.
2. H1N1 Virus claimed to be a pandemic and vaccines pushed.
3. American flight makes an emergency landing in the Hudson River due to complete engine failure, everyone survives.
4.Guantanamo Bay is scheduled to be closed by the end of the year by the President on his second day in office.
5. President is sworn in 'incorrectly' making another swear in necessary 'behind the scenes.'
6. Recession/Depression causing much turmoil in the Stock Market and bankrupting countries such as Iceland and Dubai and bringing the U.S.A. down greatly.
7. Huge 'meteors' coming through the atmosphere and lighting up the night sky, creating loud explosions and shaking the earth. See here: Fireball Nov 18th, 2009 and Monster Fireball Dec. 14th, 2009 , More on Monster Fireball
8.Solar Eclipse over Asia and Pacific Ocean.
9. G-20 meets in Pittsburgh, preventing protesters to have a voice by keeping them well away from the area.
10. Lisbon Treaty voted on, passed and signed by EU, now becoming European Law, taking away sovereignty.
11. Herman Van Rompuy, Prime Minister of Belgium, becomes the first permanent President of the European Council.
12. President Barak Obama receives the Nobel Peace Prize.
13. The UN Climate Change Conference is held in Denmark.
14. An unusual 'spiral' in the sky of Norway and a strange 'pyramid' are visible in the sky on the same day, weird stuff.
15. A man with no passport is allowed on plane to Detroit from Amsterdam, he attempts to blow up the plane, but fails thankfully.
16. Four police officers are killed.
17. 29 recorded earthquakes of magnitude 5 or higher with multiple aftershocks around the world including Italy with over 300 dead.
18. Volcanic eruptions of Mt. Redoubt, Alaska, many other volcanoes are erupting as well.
This has been a busy year indeed!
Can hardly wait to see what happens next...it is surreal to take this time to look back at what 2009 has been.