Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A New Day

Today is a new day...

When we wake up tomorrow morning it will again be a new day...

Each and every new day we have a choice to make...will we make the most of the day before us, or will we waste it away. I tend to waste more days than not, however I am learning to make my days count in this life. To be lazy is to be idle and being idle too long gets us into trouble. In 2 Thess 3, Paul tells us to keep away from those who are not fulfilling their duties as fellow believers. Why do you think that is? I think it is because we all like to be on 'vacation', all the time would be nice if we could afford to do that. Most of us can honestly say all we want to do is have fun. When we are around those who don't want to do their part, we can be tainted by that ourselves. So, we must keep away from those and warn them that they cannot always be on 'vacation' from their tasks. We cannot expect to eat dinner if we do not work to prepare it. We shouldn't expect to have a clean house if we have sat on the couch all day in front of the computer or TV. To buy anything these days requires we have money, which means there must be someone who gets out of bed and goes to work. If that person doesn't fulfill their duty, they lose their job...I am sure you get the point...

So today, I will do my best to make the most of what's left, even though this day started out poorly, it does not have to end poorly. I will spend time with GOD right now, I will get this house cleaned up, I will make dinner for my family...I will eventually learn how to balance my life. But, for now, I am still learning...

No comments: